Monday, October 31, 2011

Peanut Butter Island

Peanut Butter Island

I don’t really like sending too much of my student work out via the internet because most of them are experiments that are about learning. Peanut Butter Island is a collection of automatic drawings (also known as scribbles outside of art class) that I saw characters in. Sometimes I draw a shape and then see a form or figure in it, I actually have come up with a number of my better comics this way. It’s about letting the ideas come to you rather then forcing them out. I cut out the automatic drawings and pasted them to the canvas, then colored them in to bring out the forms I see. I arranged them in a way that provided a sense of depth and space to create an ambiguous narrative.

Monstrous Raider

Angry Mom and washed ashore

Auto Owner

Priest and Warrior

No comments: